Old Buildings
Just like Massachusetts Street, the rest of Lawrence has some recognizable buildings. Some of these buildings are still standing, but several were destroyed due to disrepair or obsolescence.

Construction began on the Douglas County Courthouse in 1903, and in 1905 county officers moved into the brand new building.

The Merchant's and Elk's Club building existed in Lawrence for several decades before it was torn down in 1968.

Another building no longer standing, the Y.M.C.A. provided a place for young men to spend their free time. This particular postcard was sent by one man who helped in the construction of the building.

Lawrence City Hall and the fire department once shared a building. City Hall left, and this building was eventually demolished, but the fire department is still located at 746 Kentucky Street.

The Lawrence Public Library, or Carnegie Library, was originally located at 200 West 9th Street. The original building is still standing, but the library moved its operations to 707 Vermont in the 1970s.

Originally owned by Jacob House, this residence was converted to the first private hospital in Lawrence.